Tuesday, October 27, 2009

BJ Upton at bat

After making it to the World Series last year it has been hard for me to watch the playoffs this year. There's nothing like playing in October. Playing on baseball's biggest stage was the most amazing experience I've ever had on the field and I was very disappointed we didn't make it there this season. Not making the playoffs has motivated me that much more to re-dedicate myself and help the Rays make it back to the playoffs in 2010.
One thing I'm doing with my free time is helping give back to the communities that gave me so much. Over the weekend, I went to the Trop and spent time with kids from the St. Pete area. Next week I'm holding a golf tournament with my brother Justin in Virginia that benefits Friends of the Portsmouth Juvenile Court. I'm also hosting my second annual BJ Upton Golf Classic in Tampa that will help the homeless in the Tampa/St Pete area.
I can't wait to get back on the field and get 2010 underway, hope to see you at the ballpark!
- BJ Upton

No comments:

Post a Comment