Monday, March 30, 2009

BJ Upton from the Tampa Bay Rays here...


Hey guys its Rays CF BJ Upton checking in from Port Charlotte about a week before the season begins. It has been a longer than usual Spring Training this year due to the World Baseball Classic but I am of one of the few guys that is happy that it is longer. I had off season shoulder surgery so I'm glad to have as much time as possible to get 100% healthy before the 2009 season begins. As of now I wont be travelling with the team for the first series of the season, I'll be staying back in Port Charlotte to get some ABs and be ready to play when the team returns to Tampa for the season opener. Rehab has been going well and I feel great and I'm very excited for the upcoming season.

Last season was amazing. To win the AL East, make the playoffs and then make it to the World Series was such a great experience for me and my teammates. The fan support was amazing and it felt good to bring that kind of excitement to the area after all those years of struggling. I'm sure that the fans will show up again this season as we try and make it back the World Series and this time come out on top. Almost everyone is back and we added a few important pieces as well. Pat Burell will give us some much needed pop in the middle of our lineup and Gabe Kapler will give us some outfield depth and bring a great veteran presence that Cliff Floyd provided last season.

I can't wait to get back on the field and to defend our AL East division title. We wont be sneaking up on anyone this season and we are going to get every one's A Game but I know we're ready for it and we proved last year that IMPOSSIBLE IS NOTHING!

1 comment:

  1. Watching a game now with my girls, and I pointed out how you're one FAST runner! Playing those Sox tonight, and the game is keeping me on the edge of my sea as usual! GO RAYS! Got my Cow bell and all- hahaha!!! Hope you have a blessed season!

    Much Peace~
    Michelle

    ReplyDelete