Thursday, March 19, 2009

Justin Masterson here...


What a whirlwind it has been starting last season and continuing into this spring training and, well, continuing into this upcoming season. The offseason seemed as though I didn't even have one, because the season before was the longest that I've ever had going all the way into October.

What a blessing it was last year to have a chance to not only be in the playoffs, but pitch in almost every game. It was such an exhilarating and humbling experience.
Then put into the mix that this off season my wife and I purchased a new home. It seemed as though we were always running around here and there trying to find just the right thing to put here and there. If I knew it was that taxing I may have just bought a studio instead, haha. Then to end the off season we purchased a new car, a mini cooper. Yes I am about the same size as the car, but that thing is pretty cool.

Coming into spring training is such a great feeling of knowing that I will be in the big leagues. What a comforting feeling that is. I feel honored and humbled in that fact too, because so many are having trouble finding work and at least for another year I have a job. For no reason would I ever take this for granted.
I've worked hard and love the team that we have put together and I see many wins in the future, as long as we can stay healthy. I can’t thank you enough for your support and love for this game. Everyday is a joy to come to the park and when that subsides it will be the time to go.

I hope this year that we may share in the joy that this wonderful game can bring.
Thanks,
Justin

4 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your new home and new car ~ what a huge step!
    We purchased a "new to us" house six months ago and are soon to start much needed renovations. Ouch!!

    My son and I look fwd to attending some Red Sox games and to watching you pitch this year. Good luck and thank you for the wonderful post!

    Kma F. (East Greenwich, RI)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey brother!
    That's crazy - can't believe you guys bought a house. Great to hear though. I'd love to figure out a time this summer when you'll be playing that I can make a trip back out east and catch up with you and Meryl. Owning a home that you get to work on is fun, isn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Justin! - Missed getting to see you & Meryl at spring training this year! Hope we get to do that again sometime. Meanwhile, know that we are keeping up with you through sports news via computer (thanks to Robbie & Bruce) and lifting you both up in prayer. Congrats on being home owners!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey, Justin! That's a wonderful post! Keep on living your life just the way you do, giving God all the glory. I've been following stories about you and passing them along to Aron (Big A) while he's overseas, he's so proud of you!

    For the Kingdom,
    Katie

    ReplyDelete